What the heck eh? Food’s been on my mind lately. My sister-in-law made this when we were in Paris. Quick and yummy. I will post photos once I take them.
Ingredients: approximate quantities, I taste while preparing
- 4:3 ratio olive oil to balsamic vinegar (I usually go 4 t olive oil, 3t balsamic)
- 1 clove garlic, pounded
- salt and pepper
- about 1/4 lb of Parma ham
- 1/2 c pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 c sun dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 lb rotelli pasta or some other corkscrew type
- 1/2 lb arugula (or more), rinse and spun
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Bake the parma ham till crisp, chop into 1/2″ x 1/2″ pieces, or just crumble
- Toast the pine nuts till light brown (just a couple minutes)
- Place the olive oil, garlic, some salt and pepper in a small jar, cover and shake till well mixed and a bit thickened.
- Toss pasta in dressing, add arugula, parma ham, tomatoes, and pine nuts.
- If you want this cold, cool the ham, pasta, and pine nuts before mixing.